enviro dealers/south shore ,boston

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
hi all.i live on boston south shore and i am looking for enviro dealers in the area.i went on enviros web site and hit the 'find a dealer button' and filled out all my info and entered zip code.it's sending me to uxbridge which is over an hours drive.does anyone know of any on the south shore.interested in the enviro meridian

I know Sandwich Fireplace in Sandwich is an Enviro Dealer.

They are joined at the hip with Plymouth Fireplace also an Enviro Dealer.

Both of them are primarily gas stove dealers. But may be worth a call.

---Nailer---

thanks guys. the place where i saw this stove on sale is in rhode island and i'm starting to get bad vibes about buying there.thought i'd try a few more places 1st

This place has been recommended to me from three different people. Family owned and operated. I'm also in the market for the Milan or Meridian, have not decided on which one yet. May be worth a visit http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3715394216. It's called Woodstoved and Fireplaces in Middleborough, MA on RT 28. Good Luck

I thought I recalled someone telling me that
they got an Enviro from this family owned shop and
said they highly recommend them:

Woodstoves & Fireplaces Unltd
508-947-8835
193 E Grove St Middleboro, MA 02346

corkman said:
hi all.i live on boston south shore and i am looking for enviro dealers in the area.i went on enviros web site and hit the 'find a dealer button' and filled out all my info and entered zip code.it's sending me to uxbridge which is over an hours drive.does anyone know of any on the south shore.interested in the enviro meridian

commonwealth fireplace in norwood, ask for bruce

smwilliamson said:

My experience with the above store is stay away. Very poor customer service and sales
staff doesn't know diddly about pellet stoves.

Xena said:
smwilliamson said:

My experience with the above store is stay away. Very poor customer service and sales
staff doesn't know diddly about pellet stoves.

and I'll match you with Woodstoves & Fireplaces Middleboro, MA. His attidude sucks. Make sure you write down your serial number on your receipt, have him sign it and don't live more than 25 miles from his store or you can be on his service blackball list. He only services or warrants what he installs. End of story. Hope you don't want to reuse that PDVC pellet pipe either.

i visited the middleboro store a few years ago before i purchased my 1st stove and yes the guy is a "KING SIZE AS__OLE".under no circumstanses would i buy there. for wall thimble,90 and 45 he charged me $180.next day i found them all for $82 at my local aubochon.he asked me what the problem was so i showed him the receipt from aubochon and he pretty much flipped out on me .he couldn't understand how they could sell them at that price.he was not impressed when i told him aubochon obviously was not in the businness of screwing people over.they can keep their stoves and their overpriced pellets too.Xena,thank you for the recommendation but i'll pass on middleboro.

These same guys have been around for at least 25 years that I remember. Long time Enviro dealer so they get bumped up for shipments. Don't know about service, since I have done my own installs, but they were good on a replacement warranty item. Have purchased 2 stoves from them.

Eastcoast Fireplace & Stovewww.eastcoastfireplaces.com
965 Washington Street
Hanover, MA 02339-1614
(781) 829-4419

thats one thing that made me a little nervous.it says on the enviro web site that unless it is installed by a dealer,then the warranty is null-in void.i work in the trades(plasterer) and do everything myself so i'm hoping to find a store that will stand by the warranty eventhough i did the install.i read a thread recently that someone bought a stove at a store,did their own install and the dealer came out to inspect it.charged them $55 and signed the warranty

corkman said:
thats one thing that made me a little nervous.it says on the enviro web site that unless it is installed by a dealer,then the warranty is null-in void.i work in the trades(plasterer) and do everything myself so i'm hoping to find a store that will stand by the warranty eventhough i did the install.i read a thread recently that someone bought a stove at a store,did their own install and the dealer came out to inspect it.charged them $55 and signed the warranty

Limitations and Exclusions, Line 3: A qualified installer must install this stove or fireplace.

Limitations and Exclusions, Line 30: This warranty only covers Enviro products that are purchased through an authorized Enviro dealer.

Any licensed installer can install the stove. Dealers most often hire out as they DO NOT have the proper licenses themselves. Make sure the RI place is actually an authorized dealer (look them up on the enviro website)

This whole warranty thing is a bunch of crap anyway. Either you stand behind your product or you don't. Enviro is not the easiest or the cheapest to get parts for. Their parts are expensive and dealers do not get much better prices. Don't expect the dealer to keep many parts on hand. I waited for 3 weeks for an igniter in December. I think their stoves a little weak truthfully. I work on a lot of them. The price you mentioned is a good price though. Is it a new stove or a floor model? Bear in mind Vista Flame VF100FS is the exact stove from Sherwood Ind. (Enviro) and can be found online for about the same price you quoted me with 100% warranty support.
I know its a bit more money but have you checked out the Lennox Country Winslow?

http://www.lennoxhearthproducts.com/products/overview.asp?pid=476

Great stove and AWESOME to clean.

Thank u Corkman for the heads up on the Middleboro shop.
I had never dealt with them personally and sounds like I
will add them to the same shyte list as Commonwealth.
t1609.gif

I'm pretty sure most stove shop dealers around here only service and warranty what they install.

corkman said:
corkman,

That depends on the dealer used. I purchase mine on line. Nichols stove in Ohio. He has been super to deal with. And I have had 3 warrenty claims so far(for the same problem.) Covered all an has not cost me a dime. I did my own install too!

If I had to do it again, I would in a heart beat! Bob has been great to deal with. I saved close to $1k on the stove(don't know what I have saved on the install!). Now its even saving me in overall pellet usage compared to the other 2 stoves I had.

Before you drop away from enviro stoves give Bob a yell. See what he can do for you. If you can maintain the stove yourself, That is. And can handle the install yourself. PM if you need numbers or links.

jay

Status
Not open for further replies.