Enviro EF2i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vessel92

Nov 28, 2022
Futfaa$
Having an issue with the Dial-A-Fire. The interval between pellet drops at the coolest setting should be 15 sec and at the hottest setting should be 5 sec. My stove had a 5 sec interval at the coolest setting and a 1 sec interval at the hottest setting, so I purchased a new timer module and potentiometer. I installed them both and I still have the same issue. The stove was purchased brand new in July of 2008. Any help would be greatly appreciate. Thank you.

Where did you get the cycle times?
Usually, we test the potentiometer
with a meter, the readings should be
Potentiometer Readings: Full counter-clockwise (switched off) = open circuit, overload or infinite resistance Low fire ...............................800 KΩ to 900 KΩ High fire ..............................68 KΩ to 82 KΩ If the range is not close or does not vary then replace the potentiometer

image.jpg

The side of the timing module shows 5-15sec. To me this means, as the dial-a-fire goes from the coldest to hottest setting, the auger drops pellets from 15 to 5 sec intervals.

Just no my info I timed my auger pulse
At the lowest heat setting where my stove will keep running
from light off to light on is 8-sec. At max burn, it is a 2-sec pulse
that is the highest point that I will burn before it hits the red line
Like I said in the field when I fixed stoves for a living we used a multimeter
In my small mind, the timer you replaced was working normally as was your stove
if it fired and kept going at a low feed rate and produced more heat at the high feed rate.
Just my nickles worth

Thanks for the further info. It just seems to me that pellets are dropping into to pot a a quicker interval than I remember. Is say this because when the outside temp was in the mid 40s and lower (degrees F.)
The temp in the house was just right. This year, at the lowest Dial-A-Fore setting, my house is much warmer. I was hoping there was a way to slow down the auger feed rate Slower that 8 sec. Thanks again.

Thanks for the further info. It just seems to me that pellets are dropping into to pot at a quicker interval then I remember. Is say this because when the outside temp was in the mid 40s and lower (degrees F.)
the temp in the house was just right. This year, at the lowest Dial-A-Fore setting, my house is much warmer. I was hoping there was a way to slow down the auger feed rate to around 12 sec. Thanks again.

Have you changed your pellets to some other company?
Different brand than last year?