Enviro Empress FPI Starter Exhaust Gasket Thickness

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2014
New Hampshire
Happy Sunday everybody. I was just in the process of cleaning out my pellet stove and getting it ready for the season here in NH as it is suppose to be 37 degrees out tonight. I need to replace the exhaust blower gasket and I was going to purchase a couple of them from http://www.pelletblowers.com/bbandp/index.php. Since this is a insert, it called for a exhaust starter gasket, part #50-1396 where the quick disconnect exhaust of the stove attaches to the clean out T. pellet blowers.com also sells gasket material in with 1/8" or 1/4" think sheets. Does anybody know how thick the exhaust starter gasket should be? The person who initially installed the stove for me didn't use an exhaust starter gasket but rather put high-temp caulking on it instead. I would like to replace the caulking with the gasket to make mid heating season cleaning easier.

Hello

Yes, I have seen a few stoves with RTV as an exhaust blower gasket which does work but should not be done! The white Lytherm 1000 deg F gasket is what should be used for easy changing and easy cleaning. The OEM gaskets are very thin and fall apart almost before they are installed! 1/8" inch thickness works well and sometimes can be reused once or twice.

Hello

Yes, I have seen a few stoves with RTV as an exhaust blower gasket which does work but should not be done! The white Lytherm 1000 deg F gasket is what should be used for easy changing and easy cleaning. The OEM gaskets are very thin and fall apart almost before they are installed! 1/8" inch thickness works well and sometimes can be reused once or twice.

Don, I was going to purchase the pre-made gaskets for the exhaust blower gasket. I was wondering what the thickness of the Exhaust Starter Gasket was. This gasket is located in-between the exhaust quick disconnect on the stove and the T pipe attached to the liner.

1/8" as I stated above

Status
Not open for further replies.