Enviro M55 Cast Off and On

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RichOC

Feb 17, 2016
CT
It was getting a little warm here so I went to turn the stove down from 3 to 1.
I inadvertently shut it off. I turned it right back on and dropped it to 1. I walked by
a couple of minutes later and I have something like a 4 or a 5 flame going on.

Does the stove think that it’s just starting up again? I hear the somewhat continuous
feeding of pellets. If so you’d think there would be a feature letting it know there
is plenty of heat and flame for a 1 setting no need to get excited. Or is there an issue.

I believe I have done that off and on thing before but don't remember that happening.
Maybe I just never noticed and it eventually went to the set point.

Anyway, I just shut it off and will start from scratch. Thanks......

I would shut it off let it cool down and restart it
watching how it starts and runs
and make sure it runs as it should

Reactions: Ssyko
You're gonna laugh. I did that, but when I started it I went to turn it down to 1 and, yes, I shut
it off again. I left it off and started it again later and it worked fine. I have had it for
6 years. Not sure why I did that twice in the same day. Still curious as to why it kept feeding
pellets even though there was plenty of flame and controller was set at 1. It must do that when it thinks it is starting up from cold.

Glade it working
Just remember a clean stove is a happy stove

I have found on many boards when you hit the start button it does a reset and goes into start up no matter how long its been running. Some have a procedure to bypass but it isn’t well known.

I have found on many boards when you hit the start button it does a reset and goes into start up no matter how long its been running. Some have a procedure to bypass but it isn’t well known.
That makes sense. I will search for the bypass procedure you mention in case, and I will, do it again. Thanks.