1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Enviro M55 FS Stops and Shuts off blinks light #3

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Tom F, Nov 25, 2012.

1. whlago

whlago Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Connecticut
    better than no pellets coming down

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. cuznvin

cuznvin Member

Loc:
    Long Island
    ;lol
  3. whlago

whlago Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Connecticut
    Do you mean how is the turbo fan related to the adjustable auger cover? The adjustable auger cover was Enviro's first fix to the issue with the hopper high heat level. They would give this out as a "band-aid" (IMHO) to prevent the over heating situation by limiting the amount of pellets in the burn pot. They also came out with the new convection blower in the newer model stoves as the true fix. If you have the higher power blower there really is no need to limit the amount of pellets dropping down the shoot. I have the old model but still leave the auger cover completely open, and I manage the overheat situation by keeping my feed rate lower with high quality pellets (hamers in particular).
  4. cuznvin

cuznvin Member

Loc:
    Long Island
    Wow.. Thanks for that info.. I will open the cover and lower the trim if need be..
  5. whlago

whlago Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Connecticut
    I'm sorry I didn't mean the feed trim....I was really talking about keeping my heat level down. The feed trim will give you some adjustment as well...but small. Either way you really don't have to worry about the overheat situation with the newer blower (I would imagine), but definitely not this time of year. Good luck!
  6. cuznvin

cuznvin Member

Loc:
    Long Island
    Yep.. Open the auger cover all the way. If I find there are too many pellets dropping, then I will adjust the feed trim down to slow the pellets..right?
  7. whlago

whlago Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Connecticut
    Right...the feed trim I just leave at 3. For a while I was fooling around with the feed trim and the combustion trim to get the perfect flame...but now I just leave them both at 3. The reason is there was some question as to whether moving the feed trim higher meant more pellets would drop or less. This was brought up in a thread a couple months ago and I never bothered to actually time the auger on cycle to see which was true. But this has nothing to do with your issue.

I'm just curious, how far down is your auger cover? Not sure if opening it up will solve your problem but it is definitely a possibility.
  8. cuznvin

cuznvin Member

Loc:
    Long Island
    I think it will slide up about another inch
  9. whlago

whlago Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Connecticut
    Worth a shot....haven't heard from the OP since we hijacked the thread....maybe it's the same thing.
  10. cuznvin

cuznvin Member

Loc:
    Long Island
    Maybe.. The OP posted in November.. Must have figured out their issue by now..LOL
  11. whlago

whlago Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Connecticut
    LOL;sick oops...probably should be paying better attention!
  12. cuznvin

cuznvin Member

Loc:
    Long Island
    OK.. So a thought came to me yesterday as to why this may be happening. When I got home, I changed the batteries in the wireless thermostat thinking maybe that was the problem even though it didnt say the batteries were low. VOILA!!! Burned ALL night without clogging. Woke up this morning to it burning on low (set to Hi/LO) and a warm first floor. Lets see if this continues. Next to try it on Auto/OFF again...
    whlago and roadrunnermoore like this.