Enviro m55 fs What to grease?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose1

Jan 8, 2012
Michigan

I have a brown colored very small tube of grease that came with my stove but nothing in the poorly written manuals about what to do with it. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Goose1 said:

I have a brown colored very small tube of grease that came with my stove but nothing in the poorly written manuals about what to do with it. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

The only thing I have used it for (so far) is the left end (small end) of the agitator rod. I think I read it in a thread on here or maybe in the technical manual. I would also be interested in knowing if there are other locations that need to be greased on this stove.

The brownish looking grease is called anti-seize. It's brownish because there is copper in it and it's made for hi temp applications. It is used to grease the left side of the agitator rod where it rides in the bushing. I usually apply a dab during my weekly cleaning. To my knowledge, it is not used anywhere else in the stove.

About the only other thing I have ever lubricated was the chain for the agitator. But, that's not likely to need it for a long time as if I remember it came from the factory pre-lubed.

Status
Not open for further replies.