Enviro M55 Pellet Cast Iron Fireplace Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vid Lopez

Nov 19, 2010
Chesapeake City, MD
Just had my Enviro M55 pellet insert installed a couple of days ago. I really like it since it has made a huge difference in heating my home.
Last nigth, I left it on Auto Hi/Low and it worked perfectly. However, today the machine's agitator is not turning. I shut it down, cleaned it
completely, I mean everything. I took the agitator out, cleaned it, checked the ends where it goes into and re engaged it per the instructions.
Re started the machine and the agitator ran for a few minutes and then it won't move. Forgot to mention, when I shut down the stove
the agitator ran as it is supposed to according to the instructions. Any ideas? Would truly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Vid,

Sounds like its in Super Premium mode(green fuel light). The agitator doesn't turn much in super premium mode. Put in regular pellet mode(red fuel light) should turn every time the feed auger dumps pellets in.

J-takeman,

Thanks for your prompt response. Just checked and the setting is on premium pellets which is the red light, the regular pellets light is green and multi fuel pellets is yellow. Right now is set on premium and it is red. Just started the stove, it went through its paces and now the agitator is running but it has done that before.... It will run for 5 10 minutes or so and then it will simply shut down and not turn.
So on premium it won't turn? If that is the case then there is not problem w it. So is it better to run the setting on regular pellets even if you are running premium or does it matter? Thanks for your prompt response.

J-Takeman's right on it. ;-)

Thats correct Super Premium mode will engage the agitator every 30 minutes. Its in the manual, forget which page.

Working from memory-Should have checked the net. Memory used to serve me now not so much! :)

Premium(if I remember correctly) only turns on shutdown and start up to mix the pellets. Regular and Multi turn with auger feed dumps. Don't shoot me if I am wrong. My Omega doesn't have premium soooooo? I am guessing this is the case.

Keep us posted! :)

Wachusett said:
J-Takeman's right on it. ;-)

Thats correct Super Premium mode will engage the agitator every 30 minutes. Its in the manual, forget which page.

Thanks for confirming, But I was only some what right. I didn't know the every 30 minute part. Learn summin everyday. Till I forget it. :)

Hi Wachusett,

Looked at the manual but do not see anything in regards to the every thirty minute, I will look to be sure again and check the internet. Thanks for your help as well. This is a great forum, people get back to you with help. I somehow thought there was something wrong with it and these machine was not cheap.

J-Takeman,

I think you are right on the money...... I have it on premium, as I said the agitator worked for a few minutes after it's star up routine and now it has not moved once. I do know that when I shut it down
earlier today the agitator worked so you are right.... It does it on star up and shut down. Tomorrow I will burn or place it on regular pellets to see what happens. It should agitate everytime pellets are dropped which is what I have been used to the past couple of days until I changed the setting. Pretty cool.... when you know what you are talking about, you know.... and it is obvious you are well versed in this subject. Thanks again.

Vid,
They are right. In premium mode (red light), the agitator stays off for 5 minutes during the start sequence (don't want to be moving pellets around that are trying to light). Then it turns each time the auger feeds pellets. Then once the stove is up to temp, it turns for 1 minute every 30 minutes otherwise it stays off. I don't run mine on any other setting, but I believe the agitator turns when the auger feeds pellets even after the stove is warmed up in regular and multi-fuel modes. If you are burning a halfway decent pellet, premium mode should work great. There is no need to agitate the pellets full time. Really what it is doing is keeping the holes in the burn pot clear, stopping clinkers from forming and agitating the pellets for a nice even burn. Also, it helps move the ash into the ashpan and out of the burnpot. I love it when my agitator turns on and you see all the sparks start flying around...makes for a nice "show".
Flynfrfun

Wachusett & J-Takeman,

The agitator just turned for a few seconds. Sooooo, Wachusett, you are right too. It turned right after startup and it has been about 30 minutes..... You guys are extremely helpful. So now I know there is nothing wrong with it.

Hi Flynfrfun,

I did get it installed.... love it. Was just concerned when the agitator was not moving but you all have cleared my concern very quickly. And you are totally right, what you described is what it does which is what the other to gentlemen said. This is the first time I run it on premium so was not used to the agitator not turning..... and I love the quietness of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.