Enviro Milan Stuck Damper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tlooney

Sep 28, 2016
Maryland
I have an older Enviro Milan and the Damper appears to have rusted in place. I was able to loosen it up with some WD40 after removing the stove and getting underneath it. Does anyone have any experience with this and is there a good fix?

Yes, remove the cast bricks inside and clean the exhaust port where the damper opens and closes. I'm sure its got corrosion in back behind there and if it hasn't been cleaned in a while, she is full. Make sure the exhaust blower is good and clean too and clean up the cast heat exchanger in between the fins. The air control should be all the over to the left, then back to the right about 1/4 to 3/8 inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.