Equinox

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doug60

Apr 30, 2008
north jersey
Been burn-in 24 / 7. And the air control is sticking in max limits of travel.
Dealer said its the first hes heard about it.
doug

Not sure what you mean - it actually sticks wide open? or full closed? both? anywhere else if you leave it? is it an instantaneous thing? or only if you leave it sitting?

i have heard of a situation once where the control has a screw work loose, but only one time... unfortunately you can't really get your head in there, but I'd try using a mirror or something to look up there and find something misaligned perhaps...

My heritage's air control slider has a couple of hangup spots where you need to jiggle it to finish the motion. The hangups are not at full closed or full open though. I have also looked for the control linkage and slide mechanism hoping to see the problem but it is buried inside the castings. Probably to keep people from modifying the limits.

So far, the condition hasn't gotten worse and I can still run the stove so we just jiggle it a little when we need to.

Hi doug my air lever is still smooooooooth. Is the lever stuck, or is it not moving inside. I know fire walker told me to vacuum the holes in front where the air enters the stove to clear it . I was thinking that when the air lever is wide open , it is possible to step on it . I have Three sons and they keep opening/ closing the air with there toes . Some ones getting a beating if that doesn't stop. I have a few problems here, My ash draw is just to tight and i cant open when its warm . Its a bad design I must have to much draft. My wood burns very fast with little heat . I added a damper and its working mush better. more heat . I just noticed that my side door gasket is missing on the bottom under the heat shield It looks like the gasket was installed in the factory in 2 pieces . Other then that my stove is running good. John

Yes its getting stuck in both positions.
If I jiggle the handle and force it it frees .
But buy doing that, the nut that holds the handle worked it self loose.
I worried is going to break in the open position.

Plenty of heat no complaints there. What kind of stone top temp are you trying to achieve?
Yes the clean out handle is a little unforgiving make sure your no getting ash build up in gasket area.
Side door gasket was falling off when I purchased the stove , I cemented it in before breakin fire

Looks like the ash containment (cast iron belly pan) would have to be removed to expose linkage that operates air control.

Status
Not open for further replies.