Eric at Kinsman Stoves is the MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buildingmaint

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2007
Oil City PA
Had a problem with my Big E stove room fan not running. Thought it was probably the control board after bench testing the fan and motor . Fired off an email to Eric to ask how much a new control board was going to set me back. He told me to call , in our conversation he told me to check the snap disk, before buying a $ 200.00 , control board. It was the snap disk . Its nice to know that there are still good people out there who don't try to sell you things that you don't need .

its nice to have good, reliable and reputable dealers and service guys. eric is always helpful here and seems to be the type who is looking out for the consumers pocket book as well,not just his own.keep up the good work eric!

mike

buildingmaint said:
...... It was the snap disk . Its nice to know that there are still good people out there who don't try to sell you things that you don't need .

Yes, Eric IS the man....he is one of the really good guys in the pellet business, and we're really lucky to have him on here helping people out. I wished I lived closer, as he would get ALL my business.....period.

Just wanted to mention Mike at Englander Stoves, and Rod "Hearthtools"...they are right up there with Eric in my book.

jtakeman said:
Yep, If POF switch or snap disk is dead short it fools the board and makes it think its at temp to early.

Check this thread.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/37499/

Looks like Eric owes me a case!

jay

Got me there. I have a case of Bud in the fridge. Come and get it but to post my legal disclaimer, I will drink a can a day (storage fee) until you show up.

Eric

buildingmaint said:
Had a problem with my Big E stove room fan not running. Thought it was probably the control board after bench testing the fan and motor . Fired off an email to Eric to ask how much a new control board was going to set me back. He told me to call , in our conversation he told me to check the snap disk, before buying a $ 200.00 , control board. It was the snap disk . Its nice to know that there are still good people out there who don't try to sell you things that you don't need .

Thanks,

Sorry I am kinda choked up right now and have a tear in my eye.

Thanks
Eric

kinsman stoves said:
jtakeman said:
Yep, If POF switch or snap disk is dead short it fools the board and makes it think its at temp to early.

Check this thread.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/37499/

Looks like Eric owes me a case!

jay

Got me there. I have a case of Bud in the fridge. Come and get it but to post my legal disclaimer, I will drink a can a day (storage fee) until you show up.

Eric

O Well, looks like I won't get any of that then. It's OK, I prefer the heavier stuff anyway. The only American beer I will drink is made by Sam Adams! And real BEER comes in bottles!!!

buildingmaint has you pegged though! One of the Honest ones in my book. Way to go Eric.

Glad it all worked out and the stove was repaired and ready for next winter.

jay

hey guys (and gals), lets not clutter up the forums with this "positive experience" crud. people are going to start thinking we've gone soft.

although, secretly my dream is to one day have a thread just like this one...but with my name in it. secretly of course.

Eric is a great guy, has helped me many times.

Hey Eric do you still have the open house scheduled for June 13?
It might be a nice time for a little get together for forum members who live within driving distance.

cms said:
Eric is a great guy, has helped me many times.

Hey Eric do you still have the open house scheduled for June 13?
It might be a nice time for a little get together for forum members who live within driving distance.

i agree totally , eric did me a solid favor last summer as well, as for the open house would love to come myself however duty calls and i cant get away, hoping to get up that way over the 4th of july (wife's family from akron , just up the road), might be able to sneak over for a while hope to anyway.

Yes Open House still stands on Saturday, 06-13-09.

I have been told I have a Harman Territory Manager is coming. I will also have a couple other Reps from big Distributors showing up. I have asked a couple Alternative BBQ Reps to show. I think it will be a fun time.

If anyone can show I will like them to stop by. I will be posting numerous updates.

I am looking into the manufacturer fire logs/bricks. I would like to be a major distributor of them. This will be a big topic in the very near future. hint, hint, nudge, nudge.......

I am a big fan of "Free stuff give-aways".

Thanks again,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.