Error code ER8

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Blastrofast

Dec 16, 2018
Ohio
First time posting, any help would greatly be appreciated. I have had a king pellet stove, 5505, for two years now. This year a fuse blew and error code ER8 came on. I replaced the fuse and when I plugged it back in I noticed a loud humming noise. Long story short I checked the room fan by plugging in to an outlet and I works fine. I just completed a fairly thurough cleaning by vacuuming and blowing the unit out with air and still the same loud noise. Is there any testing that I can perform to see if it's the circuit board or am I missing something. Once again any advise would be helpful. Thanks

ER8 is a room fan fuse blown or motor malfunction
If you have cleaned and lubed motor and it is still noisy
I would replace it
If you do not have a manual get one here
https://www.tractorsupply.com/static/sites/TSC/downloads/ProdContentPDFs/1098925_Man1.pdf
Thanks for the advice. I failed to mention that I did replace the room fan with a new one and it did exactly the same thing as the original. Both fans made a humming noise. I left the panels off while looking into the problem and noticed the fan was trying to move, barely move at all.

Which motor
ER8 is a room fan fuse blown or motor malfunction
If you have cleaned and lubed motor and it is still noisy
I would replace it
If you do not have a manual get one here
https://www.tractorsupply.com/static/sites/TSC/downloads/ProdContentPDFs/1098925_Man1.pd

What is the motor called ? I know it says room fan but I can't find that on the parts list . Lost power turned on the generator and then went to turn on the ashley and er8 popped up . I looked it up but there aren't any parts that say room fan.

Ashley king threw a er8
What is the motor called ? I know it says room fan but I can't find that on the parts list . We Lost power turned on the generator and then went to turn on the ashley and er8 popped up . I looked it up but there aren't any parts that say room fan.

AKA Convection Fan