1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Excel Pellet vent pipe

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by MrJitters, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrJitters

MrJitters New Member

Loc:
    Vermont
    After much research, it is my understanding this is the best pellet vent pipe going. Problem is, a google for internet sellers comes up empty. Is there a member here that sells this brand? I am going to check some local dealers tomorrow but they are notorious for being high priced. Any help from you guys would be appreciated.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. firewarrior820

firewarrior820 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    auburn maine
  3. pete324rocket

pete324rocket Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    albert county, new brunswick
    I tried to post a link to kijiji.com which currently lists a guy with a bunch of pl pipe for 150 bucks but this site wouldn't allow it.We can buy it locally here and it is terrific pipe! There must be a supplier near you,or a good opportunity for someone to sell the stuff-a no-brainer,plus I didn't find the price all that much more.
  4. MrJitters

MrJitters New Member

Loc:
    Vermont
    Thanx guys!! I finially found a local dealer. He is brand new selling Excel and spent quite a bit of time on the phone with me. Do you guys know if the Excel "locks" together similar to the Simpson pipe? In the pictures it appears that it does not, just slides together similar to standard stovepipe. The dealer did not know yet.
  5. BignBeefy

BignBeefy Member

Loc:
    Sandown,NH
    Slides together and then comes with some small screws to bond the 2 sections together.
    Works fantastic
  6. bigbobsports1

bigbobsports1 New Member

Loc:
    western MI
    I purchased this excel pellet stove pipe from my local dealer and i have to say it is not worth the extra money . the Pipe is more difficult to install and if you ever have to take it apart the rubberrings seals rip . not cool dont get taken buy the simpson save yourself some time and money , you wont regret it
  7. firewarrior820

firewarrior820 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    auburn maine
    i think from all the post about simpson pellet pipe you would be running into a lot of leak and smoke issue's.
    i own excel pellet pipe and have taken it apart after months of hard use,not one problem with seals.
  8. pete324rocket

pete324rocket Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    albert county, new brunswick
    I've never had any rip.There is nothing to rip on.
  9. STOVEGUY11

STOVEGUY11 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SOUTHERN CT
    Simpson is junk compared to Icc. We sell both. So much easier to install with.
  10. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Agreed! We useta sell both, but have switched to Excel exclusively...
    Simpson PV was leaky & although it screwed together it, was almost impossible to get apart...
    On the Excel PV you only need to rtv the stove starter, the rest of contain rtv seals - which I've NEVER seen rip...

Hey, MrJ...

There's an Excel Distributor in Queensbury NY - Not to far from southern VT...Hearthware Group...

HTH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.