Extension cords?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stillersnut

Sep 14, 2009
south central pa.
Just got my new 55-TRPAH from AMFM Energy(Thanks Tons!! Andy & Mike) the plug is real short, so I was wondering what I should use for an extension. A surge protector w/ a long tail to the outlet? Or a heavy 12 ga. Extension cord plugged into a surge protector. Just want to keep it safe as possible! Thanks for any responses.

I have an Isobar Tripp Lite 4 outlet surge protector with a long cord that I use.

Just got my new 55-TRPAH from AMFM Energy(Thanks Tons!! Andy & Mike) the plug is real short, so I was wondering what I should use for an extension. A surge protector w/ a long tail to the outlet? Or a heavy 12 ga. Extension cord plugged into a surge protector. Just want to keep it safe as possible! Thanks for any responses.
Not sure how long you need but a pure sine wave UPS is my choice.....buys you some time for a proper shutdown if your home and the power goes out....my second choice would be a surge protector with a long cord.

650 watts max at start-up ain't even in territory that needs 12ga.

+! to the UPS. it's just a few bucks more than the tripp lite anyway.

Just got my new 55-TRPAH from AMFM Energy(Thanks Tons!! Andy & Mike) ......[/quoteCongrats on the new stove....remember, no pics = it really didn't happen.

Oh, BTW, if you need more cord length, the one Subsailor mentions would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.