Extremely Beautiful wood stoves!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ForestLady

Sep 13, 2023
International falls Mn
Hello good people,
What ever happened to the companies /cast iron wood stoves that had beautiful depictions on them? I remember they used to have forest scenes or deer, elk, bear, etc. Do they not make beautiful stoves anymore?
Everything I see is basically all the same. Minor differences between all the brands, and all have a very plain Jane look.
Am I missing something?
Would really love to hear your thoughts.
Thanks
Forest Lady

Hello good people,
What ever happened to the companies /cast iron wood stoves that had beautiful depictions on them? I remember they used to have forest scenes or deer, elk, bear, etc. Do they not make beautiful stoves anymore?
Everything I see is basically all the same. Minor differences between all the brands, and all have a very plain Jane look.
Am I missing something?
Thanks
Forest Lady
They are looking to produce stoves with the broadest appeal. Wildlife scenes have a relatively narrow appeal so no you don't see them much anymore

Hello good people,
Am I missing something?
Thanks
Forest Lady
Those sound like jotul stoves. Original jotul 118 Woods scenes, Next version Jotul 118 black bear, Jotul F400 nautical sides panels. And more of the like on other Jotuls.
Big Glass doors that maximize fire viewing seems to be taking over.

Reactions: Ashful
Big Glass doors that maximize fire viewing seems to be taking over.
This. People want to view the fire, so those scenes they used to cast into the front doors had to go!

I guess you could still cast some scenes on the side panels, Woodstock certainly has gone all-out with some of the ornamentation on their steel stoves, but many of us never see the side panels in our installations.

This. People want to view the fire, so those scenes they used to cast into the front doors had to go!

I guess you could still cast some scenes on the side panels, Woodstock certainly has gone all-out with some of the ornamentation on their steel stoves, but many of us never see the side panels in our installations.
I would second woodstock on the more "unusual" design elements.

Reactions: bholler
You can still get a squirrel on the side of a Morso.

I k ow all sorts of things get cut into the sides of the Ideal Steel. Maybe something will grab your attention.