Extremely hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lahoney

Jan 4, 2018
Mississippi
Everything works, but works to well.
I have a ventless monessen burner
system with a 25000 BTU blower.
The problem for me us the room gets too hot to sit in. The mantel heats up also. Do I need to get smaller system. It's beautiful, but can't use.

Everything works, but works to well.
I have a ventless monessen burner
system with a 25000 BTU blower.
The problem for me us the room gets too hot to sit in. The mantel heats up also. Do I need to get smaller system. It's beautiful, but can't use.
I’m not familiar with Monessen but I looked at their web page and it looks like if you have a vent free log set they come either in a manual configuration that can’t be regulated or a millivolt set that you can add a remote thermostat to it. Do you have a manual that came with your set? If you do look at it and see what it says and look for a support number from the company and maybe they can tell you what you have and what you can do with it to control the temperature in your room. Good luck!