Fairly new members asking about boilers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Were you ready to buy an OWB before you learned about "gasifiers"?

• No...I’m getting a new boiler but it won’t be a wood fueled unit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes...but I will (did) still buy an OWB {please state reason why}

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

muncybob

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Apr 8, 2008
Near Williamsport, PA
Funny that today there is a new thread asking for input on an OWB as I was just thinking to myself it was not that long ago that I was a newbie here and asked for the same. Since then I have learned a lot and I'm sure there is still a lot I have to learn, but I too began my Boiler Room adventures with the thought of buying a new boiler...was leaning towards wood fueled and thought an OWB would be the way to go. Based on what I have picked up along the way in here I changed my mind on an OWB and went with an indoor wood unit....but each person's situation is different as is their respective likes/dislikes and budget!

Wow. We need more options in this poll.
"I considered an OWB (for about 1.5 minutes) but bought a Gasser instead." would be what I would have picked (if I could have).
Happy burning!

Status
Not open for further replies.