1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. lock&load

lock&load Member

Loc:
    east windsor ct
    hi does anybody run a fan to move the air ,had 2 go south on me sofar, suncourt entreeair corner fans ,had them mounted in the hallway,to get the cold air to the liveing room ,tried cleaning them no luck they just slow down ,and i dont want one to overheat,thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Mike D

Mike D Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    North Haven, CT
    I use a ceiling fan in my stove room. Seems to work fine for 5 years now.
  3. lock&load

lock&load Member

Loc:
    east windsor ct
    24ft long hallway sucks the cold air to the liveing room,2400sqft raised ranch
  4. doingitonadime

doingitonadime New Member

Loc:
    shelton,ct
    luckily them fans are cheap at hd, I have one for living room to kitchen, and a double window fan from front room to kitchen not needed if the wife is burning oops I mean cooking though
  5. glenc0322

glenc0322 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    long Island NY
    I have the same fan they are a bit noisy though would not recommend them but they do move the air if you don't mind the noise
  6. Enviro Mini Owner

Enviro Mini Owner New Member

Loc:
    East Hampton, NY
    My pellet stove is in the middle room of a small cottage and I use doorway fans to blow into adjoining rooms on either side. I use small doorway fans, older but efficient and quiet Vermont Casting fans which move the most air, and 2 new Imperial fans that are extremely quiet. All four have been on 90% of the time through the winter without failure. On a really cold day, I need to light up a wood burning stove in the living room, one of the adjoining rooms, but the rest of the time the fans have done the job for us.
  7. heat seeker

heat seeker Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CT
    Computer fans are small and quiet and cheap. They don't look great, but they're not really obvious, either.
  8. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Look up Tjernlund Aireshare. They are room-to-room or level-to-level fans.

Little pricey, but very quiet and blend in well.

I also had an EntreeAir. Wasn't a big fan. Also had a MinuteMan model. It had a High/Low and it also is smaller and quieter.

I now just use through the wall fans (room to room) the Broan 512 and Aireshare are what I have. The Broan is under $50, and slightly higher CFM than the Aireshare, but is just as loud as the EntreeAir