Farmhouse Table Update...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stax

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2010
Southeastern PA
Okay...so making your own table is a lot of work. Today I built the skirt and attached it to table top first through cross sections (1x2's). I then used more 1x4's to add support where my breadboards (2x10's) meet the 2x8's. After that I attached the legs (4x4's). Every screw, and there is a lot of them was pilot drilled, then 3/8ths spaded so that the recesses can be covered with wood filler. Glue was also used. More sanding tomorrow and filling weather permitting.
Farmhouse Skirt.jpgFarmhouse Skirt 2.jpgFarmhouse Legs.jpgFarmhouse Rough.jpg

Reactions: GAMMA RAY and zap
Gary, you shouldn't. Not really hard to do. Just some diligence, planning and patience.

Very nice Stax, nice job. We have a planned coffee table build coming up, just hope it comes out that nice.

zap

Zap, just a heads up if you're staining it. Did some lurking around on the net and found out that staining hemlock is real easy to screw up. Make sure you sand with a 220 grit and hit it with some pre stain conditioner. If not, you'll get a crap load of bloching and unevenness.

Zap, just a heads up if you're staining it. Did some lurking around on the net and found out that staining hemlock is real easy to screw up. Make sure you sand with a 220 grit and hit it with some pre stain conditioner. If not, you'll get a crap load of bloching and unevenness.
X2 on that prestain. Hemlock is not at all easy to work with. It has a mind all of its own! Enjoy that nice big table.

That is beautiful man, nice work!

Status
Not open for further replies.