Fasco blower fan for the Prodigy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
Been working on the final blue print to rewire the Prodigy II and have been lamenting over the Blower fan.

The blower on this stove supplies air for the convection as well as some for the fire pot.

The fan speed is controled by the single knob heat control.

There is a Hall Effect sensor on the motor that supplies a signal to the control board and then the chip monitors the fan speed and adjusts the triac to keep the speed proper.

I did not want to buy a new motor so I called Fasco to see if the Hall Sensor was needed to run the motor.

YEAH Yippy

The motor I am told will run fine with an external speed control unit and the Hall Effect sensor is superfluous and has no effect on the motor itself.

SOOOOOOOOO I will be able to run the fan at the speed I choose and corelate that with the fuel feed rate setting.

The little blowers are not cheap and the unit with the sensor are no longer available I am told.

The standard Blowers are available from the friendly folks at Wood Heat stoves in Cal

So it looks like as soon as the new timers arrive, I can move ahead.

I am going to mock this whole setup up on a seperate panel/board or ??? to test the entire system before I tear the stove apart.

Some stuff will be left out of the test simply to keep it simple.

Things like the door switch and the pressure switch can be left off for testing.

Will use a spare fan from another stove for the test along with a light or ?? to simulate the feed motor.

Once I have the new system tested and varified, then I can install the components in the stove.

later troops

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.