1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Feeding Troubles 25-PDV

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by EWILT, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EWILT

EWILT New Member

Loc:
    Wyoming
    I've been monitoring my stove since I changed the mode...burning well with white ash. I think the feed rate is too high however; after a couple hours of burning on 6-8 heat setting I get alot of build up on the plate. Kinda like black pellets that are unburnt and it covers up the auger opening it left. I get the white ash and good heat, I just have to clean it every bag i go through. On 5 or 6 it appears as if the pellets are coming out way too fast, which might be why I get great heat. Any advice would be great as over the last month I've been on the phone with tech's and have almost dialed this baby in! Thanks

Eric

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    What they have your bottom control panel settings at?

What is your hook up like?
  3. EWILT

EWILT New Member

Loc:
    Wyoming
    Not sure on the settings...Fred at ext 117 had me change to "C mode" last week which helped with the heating problems I was having. The stove is in a basement which is a walk-out (unisulated where there is concrete. Mike stated and I agree that once it's finished the heat will run us out. The heat is great currently just having the problem I posted about. I think but not sure Fred had me change something to 9, not sure what that was though. I have the stove piped with 4 inch and out of the back of the stove is the clean out T then up 5 ft with a 90 and then out the wall with the hood. Thanks

Eric
  4. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    Have you tried calling Fred back and letting him know the problems you are still having. Try him back and see if he doesn't have anymore suggestions. Otherwise try Mike Holton.
  5. EWILT

EWILT New Member

Loc:
    Wyoming
    Left him a message today. I tried for a couple days with a busy signal most of the time. You guys are great and having a support element like this one helps as well. Thanks, plus with the time change it's hard for me to speak with him while standing by the stove.

Eric
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.