feeling down, need a pep talk.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pellet stoves are not "plug and play", and in the oil dependent northeast, they are much more cost effective than most all other available options. Cord wood is the only other option which is cheaper. If not for the handling, and need for another chimney install, I would do the wood thing. But at this stage in our lives, burning pellets is the most rreasonable option. I saved money my first year, and each year since I saved even more. The other thing is that I enjoy burning pellets. Never said that when dependent on oil or propane. Learning to keep the stove clean, and proper drafting has kept me very satisfied with my Pellet stove. We would really like to have another stove in our livingroom fireplace, but really can't afford that at this time, or justify the expense when the room is seldom below 73F

I always by my first pellets of the season by the ton. After that I usually buy 20 bags or so at a time. I don't have a truck and my storage options are limited.

I've wanted to throw mine out the proverbial window a couple times. Like all mechanical things, they require a bit of work. When they work, it's awesome. When they don't, it sucks. But, almost everything is fixable in some regard or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.