fireview corner installation - bad idea?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wineyarders

Mar 10, 2016
Massachusetts
Greetings, Planning a fireview installation and would like to know if anyone has installed one in a corner. My concern is restricted access to the firebox. My other option is moving it over to increase access, but that results in double walled pipe and a wall shield, which gets more complicated and expensive. Picked up the stove used and I already have the single wall pipe. Anyone thoughts?

We would need more information on the exact location of the stove in relation to the side walls in order to give any meaningful feedback. Your best bet is to look in the manual (you can secure a copy online through Woodstock) and see what their clearances are for such an installation. If you follow the requirements you should be okay with loading since they wouldn't spec a stove that you couldn't load safely.

Thanks. I meet the clearance requirements, it's just a little tight with the side loading door. Looking for input from anyone with this stove or other side loading stove where there's not much clearance for loading or getting around to the side of the stove.

I have a Woodstock Classic in the lower level of my home and it is basically the same stove (size wise) as the Fireview, just no glass for viewing. My side door is about two feet from a side wall and I don't have any trouble loading. If you meet clearances I would think as long as you can open the side door all the way open and the stove is far enough from the corner wall so that a full length split can fit between the stove and the wall you shouldn't have a problem loading.

need pics of corner install for a woodstock fireview

Fireview-grey_220_294_90.jpg Meier-FV_392_294_90.jpg

Go with the double walled pipe anyway. It's good stuff. It also keeps the exhaust gasses hotter so you end up with a cleaner chimney.

Status
Not open for further replies.