fireview setup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ciccio

Apr 5, 2011
new jersey
Here is a picture of my fireview and hearth setup

Attachments

• P1010733.jpg
    P1010733.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 465
Awesome! Looks like a nice warm place to hang out to me.

Very nice stove and hearth! Enjoy the heat!

Ray

Looks nice! Where you going to keep your wood rack when it's full? Because it's on the wrong side now. And the speaker will be in the way when you go to load the stove. :)

Very nice!

fv

KevinG said:
Looks nice! Where you going to keep your wood rack when it's full? Because it's on the wrong side now. And the speaker will be in the way when you go to load the stove. :)

That's a real nice job. Good points about the wood hoop and speaker. Lose the speaker for sure. It spoils the picture. Without it, this could be a hearth from the late 1800's.

BeGreen said:
KevinG said:

That's a real nice job. Good points about the wood hoop and speaker. Lose the speaker for sure. It spoils the picture. Without it, this could be a hearth from the late 1800's.[/quote

I would like to thank everyone for the nice comments, about the hoop I’m not sure where its final place would be, the speaker has to stay because I have a surround sound system that I use a lot…Maybe I will take another picture with out the speaker and use it as my avatar?

Ciccio, did you do your initial burn yet? I highly recommend doing as they say and have it when you can open your windows. I fired my Fireview up for the first time yesterday when it was 80F outside and boy was I glad I did. I opened all the windows and let it cure. The smell would have been overpowering if I had done it with the house closed up but with the windows open it was tolerable. Just wanted to share.

fv

Very nice setup indeed...

I would keep an eye on the speaker thou. They don't tend to do well with dry heat on the speaker cones. My brother had a pair on either side of his mantle and the cones fell apart after a couple of years. Just a thought...

I did my first burn and I had a problem with the back panel a couple of pieces of stone broke off woodstock calls them fishers, I had had the choice of sending the stove back and they would replace the panel or send the stove back and they would send me a new stove....I went with getting a new stove, you can not beat woodstocks service it is the best..

Shadow&Flame; said:
Very nice setup indeed...

I would keep an eye on the speaker thou. They don't tend to do well with dry heat on the speaker cones. My brother had a pair on either side of his mantle and the cones fell apart after a couple of years. Just a thought...

Thanks for the info I usually put something like a piece of cardboard when I had my old stove to try to protect it, I remove the cardboad when company comes over its a pain I know but you cant always have everything thank you for the thought

That's right, I remember now. Because of your pics I gave mine a thorough look today but she looked good.

fv

ciccio said:
I would like to thank everyone for the nice comments, about the hoop I’m not sure where its final place would be, the speaker has to stay because I have a surround sound system that I use a lot…Maybe I will take another picture with out the speaker and use it as my avatar?

That picture would indeed make a good avatar. That is a beautiful install for sure.

I especially love the country theme but maybe growing up on a farm has something to do with that. I also wonder if anyone has noted the ceiling. That is beautiful and just adds to the beauty of the stove and the entire install. Ciccio, you can be proud.

Backwoods Savage said:
ciccio said:

That picture would indeed make a good avatar. That is a beautiful install for sure.

I especially love the country theme but maybe growing up on a farm has something to do with that. I also wonder if anyone has noted the ceiling. That is beautiful and just adds to the beauty of the stove and the entire install. Ciccio, you can be proud.

Thank you very much Dennis, I can not begin to tell everyone how much of a great help Dennis was to me, the instructions he gave me were so simple to follow that I think woodstock should just let him write the procedure on how to start a cold and warm stove, it helped me so much coming from an old smoke dragon stove that I had. Thanks again for all the time you gave me and sharing your knowledge with me, you are a great asset to this forum and a kind courteous gentleman, I wish I could meet you in October during woodstocks open house but being I was just there in mid July I don't think I can make it. This forum is really a great place to learn so many new things from so many nice people, in the future I hope I can be a help to someone one day.

Thank you ciccio, but perhaps you are too kind. I'm just happy that I could help and will help more as you grow with the new stove.

Backwoods Savage said:
Thank you ciccio, but perhaps you are too kind. I'm just happy that I could help and will help more as you grow with the new stove.

I am left wondering, how much did you have to pay Ciccio to sling BS like that around lol.. Seriously Dennis you are a real peach, not the fruit but the hard stone which resides inside!!

:lol:

Ray

Hey Ray, it only cost a cord or two of wood. Heck, I'd do the same for you for just a half cord. :lol:

Backwoods Savage said:
Hey Ray, it only cost a cord or two of wood. Heck, I'd do the same for you for just a half cord. :lol:

Deal! Bring it to NH in Oct.!! :)

Ray

I can just picture it all now. Someone sees me taking white ash into NY or MA. You would perhaps need to bail me out.

Nice looking stove!

Good luck,
Bill

Backwoods Savage said:
I can just picture it all now. Someone sees me taking white ash into NY or MA. You would perhaps need to bail me out.

The only firewood law in this area is u can't bring wood into a state campground.. Besides I'll help out the state and confiscate that rogue firewood :) You're gonna look good in a striped suit lol...

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.