First fire of the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive had a good long run with evening burns but the stove is cold tonight. Looks like things are warming up for a little bit so wont need it, besides Im going west for a few days.

I should have left it cold last night, but had to try out the fresh fir.....Had to open the windows around midnight......Everything was getting sweaty!

I should have left it cold last night, but had to try out the fresh fir.....Had to open the windows around midnight......Everything was getting sweaty!
It can be nice burning with the windows open. You get wood heat and fresh air at the same time! Its hard to resist the first few fires of the season.

It can be nice burning with the windows open. You get wood heat and fresh air at the same time! Its hard to resist the first few fires of the season.
I agree but the wifey thinks its silly and a waste of wood. She might be partially correct but I won't let her know that.

Reactions: Hasufel and Seanm
I agree but the wifey thinks its silly and a waste of wood. She might be partially correct but I won't let her know that.

i told my wife that we can't burn until the inside of house drops below 55 with the windows open, then we have to close the windows and wait a week :) I also said that I wasn't going to burn until all of my wood was in nice neat piles, so we knew how much we had to start out with.

last year we didn't start burning until november, but that's because we didn't have a stove :)

80 yesterday. 64 today calling for 37 tonight and tomorrow night.

It just might be the first fire of the season tomorrow night. Was hoping to stretch it to Oct! Cold stove that is.

Itching to go here in the US Midwest. Near record September thus far. 80's/ 60's Hi/ Lo
instead of cooling at the end of August. The beginning of the change starts right about then
with the lesser daylight hours and lower sun-angle. Still feels like mid summer and I mowed
shirtless today. Just looked at the NOAA website and tomorrow is the last summer day we'll see. lol
Perfect to finish the other half of the lawn tomorrow. This is the mega-short cut so leaves don't get
trapped in the grass blades. They kinda rake themselves into the woods on windy days, and we have 42 trees.

Got the pad cleared off and two totes ready to load.............

CheapAndTuggingAtTheLeash

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.