first install done

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally a bead around the storm collar and exposed nailheads is all that's needed. Where was the fire-stop sealant used and what kind was it?
Begreen, it is 3M and says it's tested up to 1382 degrees Fahrenheit. I used it around the storm collar and around the flashing. What do you think?

Where did you use the firestop sealant? I only ask because it is flamable people often think it is not because it is for fire stops but it in fact is. Also the honda bond you used is only good to 600 it is not going to hold up on the collar and it will stink to high heaven
Around the storm collars on the triple wall and the flashing. It did say it was tested up to 1382 degrees Fahrenheit. Only outside near the top of the triple wall chimney. For coming out of the wall I used other high temp silicone.

Around the storm collars on the triple wall and the flashing. It did say it was tested up to 1382 degrees Fahrenheit. Only outside near the top of the triple wall chimney. For coming out of the wall I used other high temp silicone.
Ok that will be fine

Reactions: Kosmonauts
Status
Not open for further replies.