free pellets..which option...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisasst

Minister of Fire
Aug 13, 2008
cortland ny
If you were offered 1 1/2 tons of pellets and you could only get 25-30 bags in your vehicle at a time....Would you get pellets you never tried before or stick to what you have used before. Here are my choices and distance....Maines pellets (never tried) and about 20 minutes one way... Dry Creek (never tried) 20-25 minutes one way... lignetics ( have / current use) 45 minutes one way..

I really would like the lignetics of course, but unless I can find a second helper, I would have to make what 3 trips...which I really don't want to have to do. Or should I just opt for the dry creek, which are closer?

chrisasst said:
If you were offered 1 1/2 tons of pellets and you could only get 25-30 bags in your vehicle at a time....Would you get pellets you never tried before or stick to what you have used before. Here are my choices and distance....Maines pellets (never tried) and about 20 minutes one way... Dry Creek (never tried) 20-25 minutes one way... lignetics ( have / current use) 45 minutes one way..

I really would like the lignetics of course, but unless I can find a second helper, I would have to make what 3 trips...which I really don't want to have to do. Or should I just opt for the dry creek, which are closer?

If time is not a factor this is what I would do. On the way to pick up the 20 bags of Lignetics I would pick up 5 of the Maines then 5 of the Dry Creek. Burn thru the 5 bags of each, one brand at a time. Compare the 2 that you have not tried to what you have burned(Lignetics). Figure which one you like best then go for one ton of those.

Assuming that you absolutely love the Lignetics...

I'd drive the 45min. I'd borrow or rent a vehicle or trailer and get the entire season's needs in 1 day.

I'd get the 6 x 12 utility trailer from U-haul for $29.95 and I'd put 2 tons at a time in it. That's actually overloaded since it's rated for 2600 lbs but that's what I'd do.

Hehe, the words "free pellets" sure draws em in eh?
See the view count on this thread in comparison to the responses.

Xena said:
Hehe, the words "free pellets" sure draws em in eh?
See the view count on this thread in comparison to the responses.

They want to be Pellet Pigs........ for free. :lol:

So which ones are the free ones??.... ;-) :lol:

Try out a few bags of each brand to see if you like them before buying in bulk.

Bantam said:
chrisasst said:

If time is not a factor this is what I would do. On the way to pick up the 20 bags of Lignetics I would pick up 5 of the Maines then 5 of the Dry Creek. Burn thru the 5 bags of each, one brand at a time. Compare the 2 that you have not tried to what you have burned(Lignetics). Figure which one you like best then go for one ton of those.

I'd vote w/ Bantam on this one. IF, however, ya gotta get 'em all in one fell swoop, get what ya know is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.