"Free" TU’s

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joecool85

Minister of Fire
My brother told me a couple days ago when he was helping me load some wood that I "don't burn BTUs here, just Free TU's". He said it because "I'll burn anything" (referring to any type of seasoned wood). I thought it was classic and now tell everyone I burn "Free TU's" haha.

Is that a slight against the Brits like "Freedom Fries" is against the French? How American!

You're free to use any other unit of measure such as calorie, joule, or even horsepower.

In Europe they use KWs. America is stuck in old, traditional systems. Wish we would finally go metric. It would help standardize our industries and make them more competitive.

LLigetfa said:
Is that a slight against the Brits like "Freedom Fries" is against the French? How American!

You're free to use any other unit of measure such as calorie, joule, or even horsepower.
lol. I like the FreeTUs. I think I might use that...

Status
Not open for further replies.