French Wood Pellet Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraspiegel

Hearth Supporter
May 9, 2007
Hi!

Can anyone tell me what a French Wood Stove is? There is one for sale - possibly over 10 years old, never taken out of the box. The directions are in French!
I am looking on the internet and cannot find anything about it. Don't want to buy it only to have it not work - or be too loud. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Laura

Hi Laura, brand name and model would be helpful. It should be on a plate on the back of the stove. Take a picture if you need translation. Could the stove be French Canadian from Quebec?

My 2 cents is that if you are not familiar with pellet stoves, can't read the manual and it's 10+ years old, I would pass. It sounds like you want a low maintenance, easy to use stove. Better to select one that is a well known unit with a good dealer and parts network. If you can tell us more about your needs, house size, room size and locale, we can help out a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.