Friday and Saturday work.....whew!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLAYS WITH FIRE

Minister of Fire
Jan 28, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Crap I made the pix too big! We bucked and split 1 30' cherry and 1 30' locust. Pretty nice and straight about 18-24" diameter. The new ms261 totally destroyed the locust.That little saw is pretty impressive. We also dropped a 30ish foot willow that is about 4' in diameter. I will buck some but most will jst be burnt in the brush pile.

I used the x27 to spit it all. I love that axe!

wood4.JPG

wood1.JPGwood2.JPGwood3.JPG

Reactions: JeffersonCoKs
Good job done. Don't worry about the large picture. I think I'm the only one who catches H for that...

Reactions: tfdchief
Very nice. If you get too tired go and get a room at the motel/hotel behind you and take a nap

I am not a very good picture taker..if I could just capture what I see with my eye on film that would be great! The pix don't do justice to what is actually there. Pretty close to 2.5 to 3 stacked cords. I should have climbed a tree and took a shot from above.

My neighbor is cutting down the "ugly stuff" so he can make it "pretty" for his wife. He put the black felt down to keep the weeds from coming back until he get the "pretty" stuff planted. So in the back above the felt will be some pine trees and bartlett pear trees that should look real nice.

On the left side of the pix what you don't see is my property, sorta, that looks like something from a haunted forest! Four HUGE willow trees that are leaning on each other. I say sorta because it is on the line of mine and someone elses. I told the"someone else" that if he gives me this little bit, in writting of course, that I will take care of the danger. It will be cheaper for them to give it to me than it will be to pay someone to take care of it. I have a hugh brush pile there, and can of gas and a match. Soon as they say yes, we light it up!

Looks like alot of fun, my friends and wife think Im crazy for thinking this work is fun. The pay back = working out, get heat in the winter, one with nature, get to buy cool toys, and can have alot of friends on hearth.com whats better than that? Its funny though more people are doing it.

I agree 100%! I work for the most part in an office setting where I use the hell out of my mind but I don't get to be as physical as I would like. Any chance I get for hard work do it! I love it! The folks in my office think I am nuts but you know...they are the crazy ones! Use it or wish that you had!

Yeah its funny how people come to the house and go right to the stove and sit and enjoy life with a beer or wine. Im 36 and this work keeps me young,,, when I was a boy I hated doing it for my dad but now id help anyone.

Yeah its funny how people come to the house and go right to the stove and sit and enjoy life with a beer or wine. Im 36 and this work keeps me young,,, when I was a boy I hated doing it for my dad but now id help anyone.
etiger2007, Come on down to IL and you can help me anytime. Just kidding, but I know what you mean. I 63 and have been doing this since I was 24. I still love everything about it (except stacking, ugh) And you are right, it warms the soul as well. Oh, some of it hurts a little more now, but my son helps me (I started him young and he liked being with dad, still does;) and he is 37)

+1 chief Id help you if you were near. I like that your son is 37 and still like spending time with pops doing the wood thing, i have a brother in law hes getting into it ill help him the toughest thing is the seasoning people dont understand it has to be dry, I had to learn too and i thank alot of you on this site, tfchief, backwoods savage, Begreen, dafattkidd, just to name a few.

We bucked and split 1 30' cherry and 1 30' locust. Pretty nice and straight about 18-24" diameter. I used the x27 to spit it all. I love that axe!
Nice, easy-splitting stuff; Even the X27 can get through it, no problem. ;)
Nice haul. Those are two of my favorite woods to burn. I've got some 1-1/2 year old stacks of both...looking forward to it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.