Future Firewood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
These two lean more each year, cherry and maple.

zap

Attachments

• 100_5401.JPG
    100_5401.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 100_5402.JPG
    100_5402.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 125
Drop 'em soon as you can,give the other straighter ones nearby more room to grow.

Reactions: ScotO and gmule
Definately, "get it before it rots"!

Reactions: ScotO
Drop 'em soon as you can,give the other straighter ones nearby more room to grow.

+ 2 yup, I'd drop 'em right now... but then again I love dropping just about any tree ...LOL

Those are leaning hard enough that you should be very cautious of the trunk splitting. I would drop them before they get any "worse".

You guys sound like a friend of mine. He says he has some firewood.
I get there and he has dropped 10 trees and wants it all gone. LOL

He also love dropping trees, the clean-up not so much.::P

I agree with Thistle, clear out those hard leaners and give the 'good' trees more room to breathe......

Looks like the Cherry first then the Maple, I'll try and have these down by mid July the latest.

zap

Zap, looking good there. Always something to play with. I'm still trying to clean up a little mess I have here. You keep finding more. The recent heat stopped me dead. This is where I get cabin fever. I hibernate when the temp spikes. No bitchin here, when it's cold and snowin'.

KC

Reactions: ScotO
Iskiatomic, thanks. Those hot days sent us to the cellar, 66 degrees in the cave. My wife was correct when she said we won't need central air.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.