garage/woodshop wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

btcmd78

Dec 11, 2010
cincinnati, ohio
morso 2b standard VS. englander 17-VL VS. dutchwest CDW244

....for 600 square foot garage/woodshop - insulated as well as an average house in the midwest

please give opinions...... thanks.

Englander or the Dutchwest. The Morso seems a bit too costly for a shop stove.

much difference on performance between the three? not so worried about maximum heat output since all of them are rated well above my space. but burn times?
how about durability as it relates to steel warpage or cast iron cracking - which i guess are issues only with overheating??

many thanks.

Englander for sure. Cheaper to buy and a welded steel plate box is the most durable design. Hokey pokey VC products deserve nothing.

Englander . . . when you just need the heat and not a fancy stove.

I run a vermont castings vigilant I got free (used) from the 1970's in my shop... though I am heating 2200SF

Status
Not open for further replies.