curtis Posted By curtis, Apr 5, 2013 at 10:27 PM

1. Sawyer

Sawyer
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 17, 2008
    Loc:
    Northern WI
    Curtis, my Garn supplier has a horizontal exhaust with a vertical chimney and has had no problems in nine years. I have the horizontal/barrel and am satisfied at this time.

2. mikefrommaine

mikefrommaine
    Guest 2.
    NULL

An issue that I see with using a horizontal vented garn with an exterior T and chimney is the length of the horizontal flue. I know every Class A chimney that I have installed has specified a maximum length of the horizontal piping (ususally 18-24") Probably wouldnt be an issue in use for the garn if you exceed that length. But it could be considered a code violation. And something for the insurance company to not like.

3. eauzonedan

eauzonedan
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 21, 2011
    Loc:
    Bayfield Co. Wi
    Curtis
    Here is the install info for external tee's and vertical chimney from the DuraVent site. They're .pdf files - or just go to the site for the full install document. http://www.duravent.com/Product.aspx?hProduct=1 They also have full dimensions of all the components on the site.
    Dan

Attached Files:

4. curtis

curtis
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Dec 6, 2012
    Loc:
    northern michigan
    Thanks for all the input/info guys, I really appreciate it. Im pretty sure that I am going to just go with a small seperate building for the boiler and 8-9 cords of wood storage. Someting around 20x20 I think will work good for me. Will probally with pole barn style framing to save money on not having to do any foundation and just pour a slab in it.