gas insert blower and flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

beermann

Feeling the Heat
Jan 16, 2017
canada
Just did some maintenance on my gas fireplace in the basement. Im noticing that the flame ksnt as large as it was a couple years ago. I've cleaned out the lines with an air can and that seemed to have helped only slightly.

My second thing is that my blower hasn't worked for years so I've decide to repair/replace it. But I can't get it out from the under and behind the unit. I'm post pictures as sop. As I can.

Any suggestions?

Pull the burner orifice & make sure the gas line behind it is clear...You can use a pipe cleaner or a Q-Tip.
As far as the blower removal, a manufacturer & a model would help us resolve the issue.

Reactions: beermann
Pull the burner orifice & make sure the gas line behind it is clear...You can use a pipe cleaner or a Q-Tip.
As far as the blower removal, a manufacturer & a model would help us resolve the issue.

Been a busy week and I need to go on a computer to send pictures. I'll do it this weekend.