Gas logs heat circulation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Manny0322

Feb 20, 2024
North Carolina
when my gas logs are burning, the heat goes straight to the upstairs landing and it gets to 80 degrees and unbearable up there. How do I get the heat to circulate more in the downstairs living space. Thank you

I’m amazed you’re actually getting noticeable heat from your gas logs. They are rated as a “decorative appliance,” not a heat source. That being said, close all doors upstairs & if you have ceiling fans, turn them on. You may have to experiment with which direction, i.e. updraft or downdraft, but you should notice a difference.

I’m amazed you’re actually getting noticeable heat from your gas logs. They are rated as a “decorative appliance,” not a heat source. That being said, close all doors upstairs & if you have ceiling fans, turn them on. You may have to experiment with which direction, i.e. updraft or downdraft, but you should notice a difference.
Thank you. The heat put out is wonderful, unfortunately it all floats to the upstairs. I wish somehow it would just blow in an outward direction and not float up. I will try your suggestion about the ceiling fan. Thanks again