Gas Stove vs. Wall Heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sudden

Dec 30, 2010
Mass
I've got a small 125 sq.ft. office space currently heated with electric baseboard. Costs me approx. $150/mo. to heat it as opposed to $800/yr to do my 8-room Cape. I want to convert and was thinking about a gas stove when one dealer suggested a Rinnai or Empire wall heater instead. If I go with the stove, I can only vent from the top and am looking at the Avalon Eden, Jotul Allagash, and Regency H15. It looks like the cost of the heater will be $1000 while the stoves are between $1300-1900, with higher installation costs. Any experience or thoughts on wall heater vs. stove, and any comments about the stoves I'm considering? Thanks.

any gas stove you get will heat that amount of sq. ft. you will spend more for the stove and it will look prettier! :)
so if you are just trying to be practical....then i suppose the empire will do :)

Toss the Regency H15 in there. Under $1300 retail for the stove in the flat black. Looks cute and is the perfect size

Status
Not open for further replies.