1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Gasser - single wall or double wall pipe?

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by OldStoneHouse, Apr 19, 2013.

1. OldStoneHouse

OldStoneHouse Member

Loc:
    Eastern Ontario
    Just getting the venting worked out for my Innova and trying to decide if I should go with double wall pipe. I do need to reduce the clearances but could shield the areas and use single wall. Will it be as easy to seal the single wall with the silicone?

Other things to think about?

Thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BoilerMan

BoilerMan Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    I'd use single wall, much easier to seal. Use your high temp RTV on the crimped part of the pipe during assembly then slide together, that should seal it up pretty well.

AVC had quite the debacle trying to seal up double wall pipe with his wood gun, leaked smoke for ever. Maybe he'll chime in.

TS
  3. OldStoneHouse

OldStoneHouse Member

Loc:
    Eastern Ontario
    Thanks Boilerman, that is exactly what I was worried about! It's also vastly cheaper for single wall, so you have made up my mind!

4. When did you become boilerman? And how do you change your user name??? I've got some good ideas...
    BoilerMan likes this.
  5. BoilerMan

BoilerMan Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Maine
    Haha, I thought it best not to use my real name as it had led to well..... nothing, but who knows. I PM'd webbie (Craig) and he gave me a link, it's in the signature section, but can only be done once every 150 days or something. I don't plan to change it again, just don't know why I used my full name to begin with.

TS