Get the stoves ready....the cold is coming!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Just happened to look at the extended forecast for my area, and even though it's 62 degrees here now, I see that by Tuesday, it will be down into the 20's at night....BRRRRRRRRRRR.
:gulp:

Be sure to stock up on pellets! ;-)

tinkabranc said:
Be sure to stock up on pellets! ;-)

Oooooooh...that's a GREAT idea.....I don' think I have enough. :grrr:

I wonder how many tons TSC has left of that last shipment?????

Yep. Big changes here too for next weeks forecast.
40's during the day, 20's by night.

zeta said:
Yep. Big changes here too for next weeks forecast.
40's during the day, 20's by night.
Ditto for us...but I refuse to put the bike away for the winter. I expect I'll be able to ride later this year because when I get home they can prop my frozen body up in front of the pellet stove and defrost me easy peasy. :)

Lol DiggerJim!
I rode a few days ago @ 46 degrees
but I don't think I can do it below that.
Don't have the right clothing and don't
care to invest in any, plus I worry
about black ice. Last year I went for a
spin around the block at 20 degrees and
was glad to survive it.
Bike is always ready for those mid winter
60 degree days though.

zeta said:
Lol DiggerJim!
I rode a few days ago @ 46 degrees
but I don't think I can do it below that.
Don't have the right clothing and don't
care to invest in any, plus I worry
about black ice. Last year I went for a
spin around the block at 20 degrees and
was glad to survive it.
Bike is always ready for those mid winter
60 degree days though.
I've got the right gear - heated grips, heated seat, heated jacket, full fairing and a RoadCrafter full suit...every morning this week I walked out & it's in the 30s and I say "I can ride today...but I don't have to" and climb into the car, turn the heated seat on and off I go. Then the afternoon is sunny & warm and I leave work thinking "I should have ridden in today". I'm such a wuss this year.

At least by the time I get out & about this weekend it'll be in the 40s and then I'll leave the car in the driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.