getting ready for round #2....knotty pine ceiling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
scott - that is looking real nice, that is a greast project. its coming out great.
Thanks! Its the first time I've ever done a T&G ceiling, I really like the way its coming out. Really makes the room look cozy.

Looks great Scott and your living room might be the safest place to be if they ever drop the big one ;)

Reactions: ScotO
We finished up the T&G just about a half hour ago........will do the millwork pieces later this weekend if the woodshop can have them ready for me by Saturday. Gonna do a big clean-out of that room the next several days, get the electrical up and running, and finish insulating a couple of open studs in the walls (left them open for some wiring that needed finished), will stain the ceilings this weekend also.
Busy, busy busy!!

2012-10-16_16-22-11_808.jpg2012-10-17_20-50-58_79.jpg2012-10-17_20-51-25_67.jpg2012-10-17_20-51-05_173.jpg2012-10-17_20-51-38_942.jpg

Reactions: Realstone and zap
It's a weird feeling when you close up the walls. With just the insulation the room is so quiet, but once the walls go up it gets loud.

It's a weird feeling when you close up the walls. With just the insulation the room is so quiet, but once the walls go up it gets loud.
Had the MP3 player cranking in there, and when you step outside you cannot hear it at all anymore......yes, that insulation really dampens sound out!

Looks good Scotty, sure will be nice once everything is done.

zap

My sister-in-law used to always say "that makes me tired just looking at it". It was usually a project I was doing that she would be commenting on. Well, now it's my turn. Scotty, that makes me glad that you are doing this and not me. I need to take a rest just looking at all you've accomplished. Lookin' good dude.

Reactions: ScotO and Realstone
looks great, we had done one very similiar in a million dollar olde english style hunting lodge. instead of staining it we cleared it with a tint of color in the clear. along with the natural color change from aging it looked great when done, it will also save a step. the problem with something that big and staining is color variations, and overlaps from when you have to move scaffolding. working by yourself will make it tough to avoid. I have some pics if I can find them and scan them I will, back when we still used film in cameras.

Tuscany plaster on the walls, a few elk horn chandiliers and large random slate floor you will be over in England................
If you lived here I could see us building some crazy stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.