Getting Ready For The "Big One"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunks

Oct 27, 2009
Ulster Cty, NY
We didn't get any snow from the last two big snow storms on the East Coast. Looks like we are going to get at least 6" tomorrow. Gotta move 2 days worth of wood near the wood stove.

This is our third big storm - Dec 19 inches then 22 inches last weekend, with a few "minor" multi-inchers thrown in for fun. We are looking at 5 to 10 inches on top of the 22 that hasn't melted a bit yet. Lost a couple of carport structures used for animal feed - we have extra feed in cold storage now for the spring thaw!

We are expecting 18-24"! On top of the 20+" thats already on the ground.

I loaded up about 1/3 cord on the porch. Who knows when I'll be able to get to the shed again!

Attachments

• pile.jpg
    pile.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 545
Callin for another 12-20" here on top of the still lingering 24" from the weekend. I swear i'll never hit a woman but me and mother nature are gonna go a few rounds tomorrow!

BucksCounty said:
Hey Bernie,
That wood looks familiar...lol. Hope you make it the year! Enjoy this snow. Love it!

haha thanks! I guess you'll be off for the rest of the week with all this snow?

My snow blower is basically useless....the snow/sleet is too heavy and wet.

All schools are now closed.
All "non essential" state employees are at home.
it is 33* outside
it is raining

I want to be a weatherman.

Backpack09 said:
All schools are now closed.
All "non essential" state employees are at home.
it is 33* outside
it is raining

I want to be a weatherman.

x2 I know I can be more accurate and prolly without all the high tech stuff they hav!

we got well over 20 inches here. That is on top of 18 from over the weekend.

All this snow hitting palces that don't want it, need and are not at all equippeed to deal with it. Maenwhile here I am...2 snowblowers freshly tuned up, an 8" snowplow on the front of my truck and its like a freaking desert here...the 4-5 feet of snow you mid atlantic guys have gotten on the last week or so is about how much my area is short of our YTD annual snowfall.

Cold we've got...I don't think its gone above 32 in a couple months...just no moisture in the air.

Heading to PA this weekend to visit my brother...looking forward to seeing some snow again.

We got about a foot. That should be enough until spring.

We got 22 inches on Friday, then another 8 inches yesterday. This is the most I can ever remember having on the ground. There is alot of downed trees and I could not resist a CL ad for a downed Locust in this lady's driveway. Unfortuneatly she did not have her driveway plowed and carrying wood about 200 ft in 30 inches of snow was no fun, I slept like a baby. I will get the rest when she gets in plowed or it melts.

Status
Not open for further replies.