Getting the hang of my p35i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MuchoBueno

Burning Hunk
Dec 20, 2014
Lower Hudson Valley
image.jpg image.jpgThe first thing I wanted to say is thanks to all of you guys and dolls for giving me pellet stove enlightenment.

I used to only run my stove in Stove Mode when I first got it last November because in Room Temp mode the house would get too cold from the stove not ramping up soon enough after throttling down. So I pulled the temp probe a few inches in front of the stove and voilà, the stove works like my home furnace now throwing heat when needed and throttling down when room temp is reached. Also I must say that the stoves thermostat is pretty damn accurate to my digital thermometer and my home thermostat. This thing is just amazing.

I just wanted to say to Mr. Harman, well sir, Thank you for making such a quality American product and quite frankly sir, I think I love you, in a very hetero manly way sir. Thank you.

Reactions: bogieb
Glad you are figuring out your stove and thanks for the pics! In case no one pointed it out, there is a sticky about what your manual doesn't tell you about Harmans. Hope you've checked out the owner resources page on the Harman site too.

FYI, Mr. Harman sold the company so hopefully it stays American made....

Thx LG. Yes I've read most of the stickys especially the Harman one. Mr Harman sold the company? Wow I had no idea. Hopefully things don't change but that's not likely.

View attachment 149787 View attachment 149786The first thing I wanted to say is thanks to all of you guys and dolls for giving me pellet stove enlightenment.

I used to only run my stove in Stove Mode when I first got it last November because in Room Temp mode the house would get too cold from the stove not ramping up soon enough after throttling down. So I pulled the temp probe a few inches in front of the stove and voilà, the stove works like my home furnace now throwing heat when needed and throttling down when room temp is reached. Also I must say that the stoves thermostat is pretty damn accurate to my digital thermometer and my home thermostat. This thing is just amazing.

I just wanted to say to Mr. Harman, well sir, Thank you for making such a quality American product and quite frankly sir, I think I love you, in a very hetero manly way sir. Thank you.
Amazing ain't it? I found the single most important thing in operating my Harman is placement of the room temp sensor. Once the optimum location, given that everything is in proper operating condition, is determined, the stove does the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.