Glad i wont be freezing this winter!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joker3092

Aug 18, 2010
Albrightsville, PA
Just installed my breckwell p22 Freestanding this saturday. Last 2 winters in my house have been rough( elec baseboard elec bill averaging 500 a month!!!!) Fired up the stove for a test run house went from 77 to 80 degrees in about fifteen minutes with the windows open and fans blowing. Decided to go with the freestanding unit because we already have a fireplace but an insert would have been too expensive. With the used stove nice hearth pad and all the vent piping (installed myself) came in at less than 1500 dollars. Winters here in the poconos are damn chilly and with my elec baseboard i kept my house at about 66 degrees. Now with the pellet stove hoping to keep it at about 72. CANT WAIT!!!! Now i just need to load up on Pellets!!!!

I got sick of freezing at 65F and paying the gas company $350.00 per month to do it.... now I keep the joint at 74F or so and it cost's me about $750.00 per season (plus a little for NG)... much better.

krooser said:
I got sick of freezing at 65F........

Me too. I had the oil burner stats set at 67 and was NOT a happy camper. Now, I enjoy the fire and the 70-71 temps, plus much less $$ for the winter heating season.

Oh yea. That first freeze, outside workin, hands cold, come in the house, back up to the stove, put hands beind ya and feel that warmth. yup its gettin close........

Schoondog

schoondog said:
Oh yea. That first freeze...... yup its gettin close........Schoondog

YOU HUSH!!! I don't want to hear any talk like that until October!! :gulp:

Joker3092 said:
Just installed my breckwell p22 Freestanding this saturday. Last 2 winters in my house have been rough( elec baseboard elec bill averaging 500 a month!!!!) Fired up the stove for a test run house went from 77 to 80 degrees in about fifteen minutes with the windows open and fans blowing. Decided to go with the freestanding unit because we already have a fireplace but an insert would have been too expensive. With the used stove nice hearth pad and all the vent piping (installed myself) came in at less than 1500 dollars. Winters here in the poconos are damn chilly and with my elec baseboard i kept my house at about 66 degrees. Now with the pellet stove hoping to keep it at about 72. CANT WAIT!!!! Now i just need to load up on Pellets!!!!

Sounds like us except we were burnng 100% oil to keep the house at 68. 925 gal/year heat & hot water
I was always cold and the walls were cold. 2X4 walls with minimum insulation.
I guess in 1968 oil was pretty cheap!
So now we run the downstairs between 72-75 and burn 3.5-4.0 tons.
Our oil usage has dropped by 500 gal/yr and I am WARM!
Est savings this year will be right around $300 based on oil at $2.30/gal and paying $199/ton for pellets

24'X32' Cape with stove installed in livingroom

Enjoy the heat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.