Glass Broke; where do I buy replacement glass? I live in Newtown, PA (lower Bucks County)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NewtownPA said:
Well I finally got my replacement glass yesterday. I had to order it from a different dealerthat was far away, but fortunately Travis Industries (Avalon) drop-shipped it direct to my house! In the end it cost $110 with tax. I ordered it from "The Woodburners": http://thewoodburners.com/

Great. Glad you are back in business.

NewtownPA said:
DoubleClutch,

Nice!!! My wife and I go to the "Grange Fair" in Wrightstown.

Since you lived around here, where did you get your firewood from?

Glad to hear the Grange Fair is still going. I haven't attended in probably 35 years. It used to be that if you headed N from Newtown on 413 and turned L on the road just past the Indian Walk Monument/cemetery, the Grange Fair would be on your L across from the old one-room schoolhouse that my oldest brother attended, and which was converted into a library by the time I was around. Is the Grange Fair still in the same place?

Sorry, I moved away from that area when I was 8 so I dunno where Mom and Dad got their firewood. I gotta get up that way again sometime, it's been years. I probably wouldn't recognize it.

Might I ask what was the cause of the glass breakage?

I mean did you accidentally hit it with something or whatever? Or did it just break on its own, maybe due to defect of due to some other issue like over firing etc?

NewtownPA said:
I called the Avalon dealer close to me and they said it would take them 4 - 6 WEEKS for them to get the right glass! Is that normal?!

Is this a good place to order glass from online?
https://secure.onedayglass.com/ordernew.php

?

I want to share my horrible experience with onedayglass.com. I placed an order for a tempered glass piece for a coffee table, when I received it, it had 4 large divots/imperfections on one side. When I called to inquire about this, a young lady on the phone told me it was from the clamp holding it in place during the manufacturing process. There was NOTHING on the site that warned me of this. Had I had known this, I obviously wouldn't have ordered it, much less for a coffee table. Also, the edges are very uneven, especially at the corners. All in all very poor craftsmanship. The young lady told me if I wanted to return it I would have to do so at my expense. Yea right! Lose the $40 I paid you for shipping it to me and pay another $40 to ship it back? Sorry I don't have money to waste like that. Now I'm stuck with this horrible piece of glass on my coffee table with its ugly imperfections. Very unprofessional. Do not do business with onedayglass.com!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.