GOBS O' RAIN coming your way

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just added up the rainfall. We got 5.6" of rain over the weekend here.

gyrfalcon said:
myzamboni said:
gyrfalcon said:
Dumbfishguy said:
Ice Man global warming is not real . natural cycle Lose the hype

Um, if there's no global warming, what exactly is it you think is cycling naturally, just curiously?

The explanation for temperature rise is due to the planet still coming out of the last ice age. The cycles of planet earth are much longer than the human lifespan, yet the 'green media' doesn't understand that.

No, my point is there *is* global warming, even if you want to attribute it to natural cycling. And it's really not a question of "green media." There's really no scientific dispute about it anymore. There's not even much scientific dispute anymore about whether it's at least in part a result of human activity.

i am with you... whatever they wanna call it bottom line the earth is warming much faster than what it would naturally thanks to us humans.. and we are starting to see it we need another mt st helens like eruption to dust up the atmosphere....

Backwoods Savage said:
Just added up the rainfall. We got 5.6" of rain over the weekend here.
You got it worse than I but 60mph winds yesterday took out the power for about 18 hours.Gave the Gen. a good work out!

iceman said:
gyrfalcon said:
myzamboni said:
gyrfalcon said:
Dumbfishguy said:
Ice Man global warming is not real . natural cycle Lose the hype

Um, if there's no global warming, what exactly is it you think is cycling naturally, just curiously?

The explanation for temperature rise is due to the planet still coming out of the last ice age. The cycles of planet earth are much longer than the human lifespan, yet the 'green media' doesn't understand that.

No, my point is there *is* global warming, even if you want to attribute it to natural cycling. And it's really not a question of "green media." There's really no scientific dispute about it anymore. There's not even much scientific dispute anymore about whether it's at least in part a result of human activity.

i am with you... whatever they wanna call it bottom line the earth is warming much faster than what it would naturally thanks to us humans.. and we are starting to see it we need another mt st helens like eruption to dust up the atmosphere....

The term 'global warming' has led too many to believe that that means we're looking at tropical temps in our own backyards, when what it really means that a short-term rapid warming of only a few degrees will logically lead to another ice age. Since that concept is so counter-intuitive to those who don't care to listen to the facts, 'climate change' is a more palatable description for what is inarguably going on.

The first cord of wood I'll be using this fall/winter is staying covered---the rest will stay open until late fall rains or first snow. Lots of rain here too but it was the wind that was really crazy.

I'm burning some of that rained on wood right now. It is dead standing ash taken down a month ago, split a week ago, and rained on for 36 hours ending some time last night. It took a little to get it going, but it is burning now. Lots of hissing in the begining of the fire.

As far a global warming, climate change or whatever. It does not matter cause a meteor is gonna wipe us all out anyways! ;) KD

WOW look what I did I dont believe in GLOBAL WARMING . I sell fresh seafood for a liveing some years the fish are here some years not
been that way for 125 years . Everybody wants to point a finger and say why we dont have this
ask a farmer how come some years he has more crops than others We need to stop counting our chickens ( fish crops ) before there hatched ,.. We are greedy .!!!

Dumbfishguy said:
WOW look what I did I dont believe in GLOBAL WARMING . I sell fresh seafood for a liveing some years the fish are here some years not
been that way for 125 years . Everybody wants to point a finger and say why we dont have this
ask a farmer how come some years he has more crops than others We need to stop counting our chickens ( fish crops ) before there hatched ,.. We are greedy .!!!

Well said for a "dumb"fishguy.

On the original topic, 16" of rain in 72 hours June of 2006 here. Everyone who grew up here spoke of Agnes in '7(2?) for my entire life. I always wanted to see what it was like, because hardly a month went by without an Agnes story. Well, after the June of '06 flood I don't EVER want to see it again. Although we personally really didn't have any damages, 100 neighbors had water in their basements & first floor. And another 1000 in the area did to. It was awful. I spent 5 days running a skid loader filling dumpsters with peoples stuff. I estimate filling 40 dumpsters myself. So sad. The only good was many fixes were instituted after Agnes, which significantly lowered damage here.

Status
Not open for further replies.