Goin' Thru the Pile!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugboy

Mar 5, 2007
north-central Kansas
From NWS:

Tonight: Snow and areas of blowing snow before midnight, then areas of blowing snow and a slight chance of snow after midnight. Low around 3. Wind chill values between -13 and -18. Windy, with a northwest wind between 25 and 30 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Wednesday: Areas of blowing snow before noon. Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 9. Wind chill values between -9 and -19. Blustery, with a west wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to between 10 and 15 mph. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around -7. Wind chill values between -12 and -19. West wind between 5 and 10 mph.

I live in an earth sheltered house and while it is great on energy, this wind has the snow drifted up 3-4 foot in front of the garage and the door to the do yard. Poor dogs don't know where/how to go pee!

I moved snow for 2 hours today with the tractor and have to do another 2 or 3 hours tomorrow for just the driveways and dog yard. I already called the boss and told him I won't be in.

I'm really going through the wood and looks like I'll be hard at it for the next several days.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 497
I love that kind of weather, how much snow you get in total from the storm?

Wow, love the photo! And the wagon wheels! And the way snow blankets whatever one has in their yard, and makes it uniformly pretty for a while, like a coat of fresh paint. Nice.

Be careful out there in that stuff guy and keep that 30 kickin.

We got 14 inches total with wind gusts nearing 40 mph. I had drifts 2 to 5 foot high and spent 3 1/2 hours on the tractor getting it cleared.

The snow looks pretty until you move some of it, now it just looks like a big mess.

It's 1 degree right now and supposed to get down to -4.

Now you know why Dorothy and Todo moved to Florida. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.