Gonna go for it...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemlock

Feeling the Heat
May 6, 2009
east coast canada
I'm going to buy an Enviro Mini tomorrow to lend a hand to the PE in the basement. Think it will work? Upstairs is about 1100 sq ft (2000 sq ft total home) and very well insulated. The PE can hold its own, but on the cold windy Nor'easters that are common here during the dead of winter, it can be a challenge to keep the upstairs far corners of the house warm. Figure might as well do it in the spring before the rush next fall. Hope it all works out. Any pre install Enviro advice out there?

Good Job choosing the Mini..Very Modern looking stove.. Very Good product line. Buying any Enviro is a Good Buy...... Much better choice than the Timberwolf you were looking at.

As far as any advice.. Burn Good Quality Pellets. Use a 4" vent if your gonna exceed the Manf EVL. I would presume that the Mini will have ZERO problems heating the area you are looking to heat. The nice part about the Pellet Stove. Is when the your PE-27 has it cooking real good in the house, the pellet stove will be off (if you choose to use a thermostat). When the Fire starts to Die Out, the Pellet Stove will light into action and take the house up to temp and keep it there till you get home to "Re-Load" the PE. Bravo...... Good Choice. Not the same heat as Wood. Take a little getting used to. I personally have better luck running the pellet stove on Low heat setting and running it 24/7. (More consistent temp. No rise and fall) Than it running on a thermostat and kicking On/Off on High. Also seem to get better "Fuel Mileage"... (**Only using Quadrafire CB 1200/ Last 3 Years**) Just got all the other stoves this year. Have not truly "Heated" with them yet. This will be my 1st season going in using 3 "Wood" burning appliances... I am looking forward to the Burning of my new Englander 30-NC this coming winter. Just got back from a Wood "Scrounge" from Craiglist. Gonna love the feel of that Nuclear Heat right beneath my bedroom...... Cheers and Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.