good deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prices starting at $725 in Dighton / Rehoboth. Tree Length Firewood: 1500 cubic ft loads. Nothing too large in diameter.

Figure close to 10 cords +/-. Roughly $75/cord, sounds good if the logs are good wood. May be a delivery charge.
What's the price of a cord in your area?

bogydave said:
Prices starting at $725 in Dighton / Rehoboth. Tree Length Firewood: 1500 cubic ft loads. Nothing too large in diameter.

Figure close to 10 cords +/-. Roughly $75/cord, sounds good if the logs are good wood. May be a delivery charge.

Low price around here is 170 and up to 325 a cord cut, split and delivered.. That price may be the full price and sound like a lot of wood but also a lot of work...

Ray

Ray...sounds like good deal....I am North/West of you....quite a bit....and my guy sells 7 cord tree length for $700.
Its a bit of work, but just think that you save some $$$ by getting this lenght, and maybe take next year off from cutting/splitting/stacking :)

ilikewood said:
Ray...sounds like good deal....I am North/West of you....quite a bit....and my guy sells 7 cord tree length for $700.
Its a bit of work, but just think that you save some $$$ by getting this lenght, and maybe take next year off from cutting/splitting/stacking :)

Where exactly are you?

raybonz said:
bogydave said:

Low price around here is 170 and up to 325 a cord cut, split and delivered.. That price may be the full price and sound like a lot of wood but also a lot of work...

Ray

Not that much work if you just peck away at it, good exercise too. Save some $ too.
Couple of years doing it log length, you pay for your toys (oops-tools) to process it.
You get the lengths you want, splits the size you like. Know when it will be seasoned.
I'm kinda nuts but I have fun getting out & run the saw, split some wood. Family likes to help split & stack too.
Then sit back & have an MGD & admire the wood pile.

raybonz said:
ilikewood said:

Where exactly are you?

About 1 mile from Mt. Wachusett...thats why I wrote 'quite a bit north/west of you"...same state though :)

bogydave said:
raybonz said:
bogydave said:

Ray

Not that much work if you just peck away at it, good exercise too. Save some $ too.
Couple of years doing it log length, you pay for your toys (oops-tools) to process it.
You get the lengths you want, splits the size you like. Know when it will be seasoned.
I'm kinda nuts but I have fun getting out & run the saw, split some wood. Family likes to help split & stack too.
Then sit back & have an MGD & admire the wood pile.

I am giving this alot of thought.. It is tempting as I think my electric splitter can handle this wood.. My trusty lil Stihl 023 should handle it OK too with a couple decent chains.. I did process a good size oak recently and it was a bear as the trunk was 2' in diameter but this wood looks much more doable... Hmmmm....

Ray

ilikewood said:
raybonz said:
ilikewood said:

Where exactly are you?

About 1 mile from Mt. Wachusett...thats why I wrote 'quite a bit north/west of you"...same state though :)

That's a very scenic area sort of like NH.. Very nice indeed I like the ocean or areas such as yours.. This area is much flatter terrain wise and within 30 mins. of the ocean.. Grew up in the city and moved to the country over 20 yrs. ago..

Ray

Ray, that sounds like a great deal.....depending on what type of wood he delivers. I would find that out before committing to buy. If it is good hardwood, then I would certainly go for it. Fill that pretty woodshed you have. lol

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.