Good price on stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dante2

Oct 5, 2008
Okc OK
I am looking at the Summers Heat 50-SNC13LC at Lowes. The going price is 599.25 and they 1 available. What do you think? This is going into a 1400sft house with new insulation and low-e windows. We don’t have CH/A(not planning on it either) just space heaters. Located in Oklahoma City and yes we do get some cold spells down here sometimes too.

if you're well insulated i think the 13 would be enough. our house is somewhere near 1600 sq. ft. we also bought the englander13 before winter we paid 700 and some change, good deal at the time actually the normally sell at lowes for 800+.

very happy with the stove. our house isn't as well insulated as yours so the stove really has to be rockin to keep it entirely warm. (which means someone will have to feed it frequently and keep the damper wide open). we did buy some thermal curtains before this last cold snap and it did help dramatically.

can not complain about the stove in the least, may shell out the extra for the 30 if i did it again though.

IIRC, online at Lowes they're close to 800.

Thanks for your input guys I did go and buy the stove. Lowes is having the 0% interest for a year deal again so it turned into a great deal. Not sure if we are going to get it going for the end of the season but we'll be in great shape for next season. Between myself and all of the neighbors we should be have fuel for the next 15+ years. Say goodbye to those high electric bills.

all of you that are intrested Lowes is having their 50% off sale now,
I bought a summer heat 50-snc13lc for $400 today, I bought the optional blower for 1/2 off too.

I went back and was able to repurchase at the 50% off price $399. After getting it home I noticed that it was missing some bricks. I was able to get all of the bricks from another stove but one. I need the 2x9x1 1/2 brick and I was wondering if this was something I could get at a local stove store and cut to size or just have to order one from Englander?

check with any local farm supply store (rural king, tractor supply). i bought a bunch from rural king for $1.50 a piece. not sure if you have these stores in that area but its my 2 cents!!

I think firebricks are a standard size but I could be wrong, I haven't measured them,
I installed My new 50-snc13Lc yesterday, this new stove is great, it puts out some serious heat,
after going most of the season with a stove that was too small for the house, "century hearth fw240007" "still a very nice stove" which I'm going to keep and put in my Garage, I'm very happy, I was able to sleep all night without tending the fire cause that dreaded gas furnace didn't come on and wake me up.

I really like my NC13 i just got , surprisngly HOT for its size and the burn times i have found are pretty awesome for such a small firebox not to mention the clean nearly smokefree burns

Status
Not open for further replies.