Got My Skytech wireless thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinn

Oct 8, 2008
NY
Well after thinking about it for a month or so I took the plunge and ordered a Skytech 3301p. I have had it for two days now and could not be happier! Programing it was very easy and being wireless I am able to put it in a location that I feel makes my entire house comfortable. The ability to program it has already proved worth it as we were fairly cold the last couple of days and my pellet usage is way down compared to what I was doing even when it was warmer. It is so much more precise than the cheapo mechanical one that I was using, allowing me to only run at the temps that I feel are the best balance between comfort and economics.

As a side note if anybody is in the market for one I found mine online at http://www.hearthsidedistributors.com/ . They had the unit for $110.00 plus $9.00 shipping. It took about a week to get it to New York from TN but they shipped on time with no hassles.

Good to know Skinn. I bought one earlier today from a seemingly
reputable dealer on ebay for $108 shipped. Looking forward to
trashing the little piece o sheet that came with my stove.

I think you will be pleased with your purchase...and I thought I got mine for a good price, sounds like you found a good deal.

$99 shipped on Ebay for mine.

I hooked mine up today,happy so far.

Make sure to change the swing temperature differential to 3 if using it in ON/OFF mode (if you want) :)

PAGE 5 of 17

1: To change the temperature “SWING” setting (1-3), press the AHEAD + BACK buttons simultaneously to display the current “SWING” 2 is the default setting.

2: Setting in the SET TEMP frame. The word SWING will display on the LCD screen

3: Press the UP or DOWN button to change the temperature differential or “SWING” (1-3).

4:To store the “swing number” , press the SET button or allow 15 seconds to lapse.

kast said:
Make sure to change the swing temperature differential to 3 if using it in ON/OFF mode (if you want) :)

Is that better than keeping the default setting of 2?

Well better depends on the person I guess, but if you set, the temp to turn the stove off at say 68 then the stove will turn back on at 65 (depends on the setting you have 1-3) instead of 66 less power cycles for the stove.

Skinn said:
Well after thinking about it for a month or so I took the plunge and ordered a Skytech 3301p. I have had it for two days now and could not be happier! Programing it was very easy and being wireless I am able to put it in a location that I feel makes my entire house comfortable. The ability to program it has already proved worth it as we were fairly cold the last couple of days and my pellet usage is way down compared to what I was doing even when it was warmer. It is so much more precise than the cheapo mechanical one that I was using, allowing me to only run at the temps that I feel are the best balance between comfort and economics.

As a side note if anybody is in the market for one I found mine online at http://www.hearthsidedistributors.com/ . They had the unit for $110.00 plus $9.00 shipping. It took about a week to get it to New York from TN but they shipped on time with no hassles.

I ordered mine from there on thursday...I should be arriving today.
im looking forward to hooking my p38 up to a thermostat and getting more control of the temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.