Grandpa Bear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jokers8me

Feb 19, 2009
Southeast Michigan
I have just purchased a Grandpa Bear and need some info on this wood burner. It has a rear outlet for the flu. I can not see any where that it has had a baffle. I saw in some other form, someone had installed a baffle system, but it did not have any measurements on it. Do you need to have a baffle with this stove? I talked with a local wood burner and he said that they all came with them. Not sure if this is true. Its in very good shape and I would notice if someone had remove the welds where the system would have been. Any help would be great. Thanks, Joe

It seems that some came with baffles, some didn't, but really all it was is a piece of metal welded and bent, not really much of a baffle. I have attached a pic of a simular baffle that was in a Timberline insert that I restored.

That same thread you are talking about, I think Penn started it, get the dimensions out of yours and make something simular.

Attachments

• DSC_3743.JPG
    DSC_3743.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 191
Status
Not open for further replies.