Great deals on Wood Stoves from Lowes or HD?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only the dirtiest stoves are affected by the first step. Stove makers have 5 years to meet the step 2 goals.
  • Step 1: The rule becomes effective 60 days after it is published in the Federal Register. At that time, PM emissions limits will be identical to those currently required by the State of Washington for noncatalytic stoves. Most adjustable-rate woodstoves manufactured and sold in the U.S. today already meet the Washington state emission standards; these stoves will be deemed automatically certified under the final rule.
    • To ease the transition to cleaner stoves, EPA’s final rule will allow woodstove retailers to sell existing inventory until December 31, 2015. After that date, any new woodstoves sold at retail in the U.S. must meet the Step 1 emissions limit.
  • Step 2: Five years after the effective date of the rule, woodstoves will have to meet stronger emissions limits (see table below).

Reactions: blacktail
Wait for the Englander stoves to go on sale, do not buy the tsc country hearth = waste of money, cheap thin metal stove, no customer support, made in China; Englander in the same price range = excellence, great stove construction, great customer support, made in America.
You will never get a englander for $499. So if that is all you have to spend''''''' I have both stoves and so im speaking from experience ,not just an opinion.
They both perform equally well in my experience.

I found one new for $50 off HD price. $849 without shipping. Its the northern tool version I think. 50 tnc-30. I don't have the link up but ill post it if anyone wants.

You arnt going to find a killer deal, maybe $100 off if your lucky. Your best bet is to get a 20% off coupon for lowes and use it at either store. Only issue with that is you have to use it in the store so you cant buy online.

The stores dont stock a large number of stoves, most only have 1 maybe 2 in stock at most times. Alot of stores have stopped carrying them altogether. As a result the demand is greater than the supply most of the time which equals no major clearance sales. As an example only 1 out of 5 nearby home depots even carries wood stove stuff anymore, they even stoped carrying high temp rtv silicone. Lowes is a little better but i have even noticed them triming down too.

I would just stalk the store supply online and keep checking back frequently for any sales. Good luck in your search but i still think using a lowes coupon is your best bet.
LOL....ah, a fellow newcomer. But I lurked for years.... To the original poster, YES hang on and you will likely find KILLER DEALS from probably home depot on their stoves. I think I saw 699 last year and the year before about March/april. :)

30-NC has been $649 at HD's in SW Colorado and N New Mexico since late fall

Great find! I can't figure out how to get ship to store free? When I tell it my zip code it reverts back to the 899 price.

Great news guys! I checked some of the stores in and around the Durango, CO area. I had the same problem as Wardogg when it came to checking out. I was able to contact the customer service at Home Depot and I advised the rep that the stove does not show that it is marked down but marked as a different retail price. The customer service rep was able to price match and ship to my local store in NJ for free. They can ship to your home for $99 but why not drive 10 minutes and save the money. Also let them know that when you add it to the cart the price reverts back to the 899. It is important that you find 2 or 3 stores in the area and let them know that several stores had the 30-NCH for $649. Please forward this wonderful news and good luck to everyone as I am sure that once this news gets out the availability will get low lol

Status
Not open for further replies.